The Adoray Hospice Director, is responsible for the day to day management of the hospice program. The Director works under the supervision of the CEO of Adoray Home Health and Hospice in supervising the care of hospice patients. The Hospice Director is responsible for monitoring care of Hospice patients through day-to-day contact with field staff, chart audits, supervisory visits and quality reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Is member of the overall management team of Adoray, participates in staff meetings, management meetings, advisory board meetings and other meetings as assigned.
- Actively participates in goal setting activities for Adoray and takes the lead in implementing goals as assigned.
- Oversees orientation for all new hospice staff, in conjunction with Human Resources and Aide Supervisor.
- Participates in and/or leads staff meetings, IDT meetings, management meetings and other meetings as assigned.
- Takes leadership role in the development, implementation, and revision of hospice clinical standards and procedures as needed.
- Conducts performance reviews/coaching/disciplinary meetings and supervisory visits with staff as required.
- Audits hospice charts, noting problems in the quality of care, documentation or regulatory compliance related to individual staff members, and respectfully communicates these problems to staff. Informs CEO of any quality or compliance concerns and works collaboratively with CEO to investigate and resolve any concerns.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of State and Federal hospice regulations and implements policy and/or procedure changes as necessary.
- Ensures terms of all contracts are met, including required hospice education.
- Serves as liaison with State/Federal Hospice Surveyor(s) as necessary.
- Ensures that necessary pharmaceutical information is submitted as required.
- Ensures HIS and CAHPS information is submitted regularly and in a timely manner.
- Assures compliance with universal precautions and standard infection control protocols and general safety policies and procedures always.
- Serves as resource for discharge planners from other facilities related to Adoray Hospice services.
- Takes overall leadership role in implementation of quality improvement activities in Hospice.
- Monitors patient survey results and takes and/or recommends appropriate action when deemed necessary.
- Develops and updates QI data indicators based on chart reviews (i.e., OASIS data), patient survey results, regulatory recommendations, staff input, and OBQI reports, etc.
- Works with CFO to develop hospice annual operating and capital budget.
- Serves as a resource to staff regarding appropriateness of hospice coverage for medications, equipment, treatments, procedures, labs, etc.
- RN, BSN preferred.
- Management experience preferred.
- Current Wisconsin license required
- Master’s Degree in related field
To apply for this position, please click here to fill out an online application or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.