St. Croix County
CASUAL (0-16 HOURS PER WEEK)
The Adoray Home Health and Hospice Social Worker provides services to hospice patients and their families. The individual performs psychological and psychosocial assessments and planning; and implements and evaluates care. S/he is an active participant in the Hospice IDT and provides support and education to patients, families, staff, and the communities we serve.
The BSW conducts home visits on home health patients as a social work assistant, following the plan of care developed by the MSW.
The MSW provides supervision, per policy to all BSW social workers and social worker assistants.
1. Baccalaureate degree in social work or Master of Social Work (MSW) from an institution accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
2. One year of social work experience in a health care setting required, two years preferred.
3. For BSW: If not employed by the hospice prior to December 2, 2008, accepts supervision by an MSW.
4. For MSW: Strong leadership skills.
5. Hospice and/or home health experience preferred.
6. Training or experience in bereavement or grief preferred, including assessment skills.
7. Understanding and commitment to hospice concept and philosophy.
8. Excellent communication skills.
9. Knowledge of community resources.
10. Knowledge of Hospice philosophy.
11. Ability to work autonomously and make independent judgments.
12. Ability to creatively problem solve.
13. Comfortable in working relationships with volunteers and staff who represent a broad spectrum of educational achievement and different elements of the community.
14. Possesses empathetic qualities which enable him/her to relate effectively to those who are grieving.
15. Current Wisconsin license required.
16. Valid Driver’s license.
17. Willing to be available during non-scheduled work hours for occasional consultation or visits.
If interested please fill out this
Job Application Form >>